ARTIST IN RESIDENCE PROGRAM
HIGH TEES LAUNCHES ARTIST IN RESIDENCE PROGRAM - Applications will open 1st June 2022.
High Tees is the global destination for wearable art. High Tees offers distinctive and provocative art printed on high quality 100% organic cotton t shirts alongside unique accessories including mugs, tea towels and pins.
High Tees is passionate about sharing art with the masses which has the power to create impact, opportunity and change.
High Tees is proud to announce the launch of their Artist in Residence program, a launchpad for emerging artists into the world of wearable art. This program is created to support and nurture emerging artists on collection creation, branding and selling their artwork.
Each Artist in Residence program is themed where Artists will be invited to create works around a specific issue. The theme of the inaugural Collection is CLIMATE ACTION. The program will run from July 2022 until January 2023 and is open to all emerging artists across Australia.
To apply for the program Artists will need to submit 3 examples of their art via our online application below. Applications will be open 1st June 2022.
There are opportunities for applicants to have their residency sponsored, please refer to the application form for the sponsorship criteria.
The program cost for successful applicants is just $500, and includes all the amazing benefits below:
- A dedicated webpage on the High Tees website, featuring up to 10 designs for sale. The final products will also be promoted to our Wholesale Customers which include ACMI, Myer, MCA and more.
- One on one mentoring with High Tees Founder, Jess McDonald to refine their collection ready for launch and develop their branding.
- A professional photoshoot of their selected products with Leah Ladson. The photographs can be used on artists’ social media, promotion and form part of their ongoing portfolio. .
- Enrolment in the award winning Co-Retailing Program and Entrepreneur Program covering key topics around brand building, sales, storytelling and business management with Jess and Liliana Brava from Casa Bonita.
- Your final products will be celebrated and launched at Inaugural Artist in Residence Collection Launch Party: a gallery showcase, opening the Collection for sale and introducing the Artists to attending guests, customers and press.
- Continued promotion of artists and artworks via High Tees website, wholesale network and social media from July 2022 through to January 2023.
- The Artist will receive 20% commission on every item of theirs sold through the High Tees network.
For the latest updates, sign up below.