We’re proud to be 100% organic
Much like the bold personalities we feature on our High Tees, we also have an unwavering ethos when it comes to standing up for what we believe in – creating sustainable fashion made from quality organic materials that we can all be proud to wear for years to come.
What is organic?
Less than 1% of cotton produced globally is organic, which means most garments are made using harmful chemicals that are damaging to the environment. To be labelled organic, fabric must meet fibre production and processing requirements of the Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) or be Australian Certified Organic (ACO). High Tees meets both criteria. For us, it’s really important that our values and ethics are reflected in each and every one of the High Tees we create.
Some reasons why we choose organic every time
- The growing methods help to replenish and maintain soil fertility.
- The finished product is a much higher quality fabric – softer, longer lasting and durable.
- No pesticides, insecticides, herbicides or genetically modified organisms are used in the farming of organic cotton, making it less harmful on farmers and production workers, not to mention the whole eco-system.
- It uses much less water and also protects the water’s quality.
- It supports sustainable agriculture and in turn a sustainable economy.
- It’s just like buying organic food. The benefits to the environment, production and consumer are endless.
Now you can feel even better about wearing your icon. Check out all our current designs here.